Tada Cooking

TADA! COOKING SHOW PRESENTS: RICE KRISPIE KISSES!!

This week’s intro to TADA! COOKING is definitely different than our previous ones. I decided to mix things up a bit and stray away from our usual happy cheerful duo due to comments I’ve been receiving from some of our viewers. Although we appreciate all the positive comments made towards the kids and our cooking show, I felt it was important to remind people that my kids are just like all kids.  They are NOT PERFECT, NOT ALWAYS CHEERFUL, they DO MISBEHAVE, and they DO ARGUE over dumb little stuff like regular siblings do! Although this intro demonstrates an exaggerated example, I just want to get the point across that my kids aren’t always what they appear to be in these videos (i.e. 100% cheerful and flawless). From one parent to another, please don’t be so hard on yourselves and to remember that comparing your child to someone else’s on Facebook, Instagram, etc is pointless. People tend to share the best 5% of their lives on social media, creating a false standard, an illusion if you will, to unknowing parents everywhere. The other 95% that isn’t shown is more than likely to reflect the universal parent-child daily adventures and struggles that we all know too well.

That being said, this week’s episode of TADA! COOKING is by far my favorite. I’m a sucker for Rice Krispie Treats year round because of the taste, contrasting textures, and because it’s so easy to make! For the record, homemade Rice Krispie treats is a bajillion times better than the premade ones you buy at the store. Trust me, I’ve been eating them since I was a child and even sold them at nearly every bake sale held in high school. It’s best had straight from the stove where it’s still warm and gooey with marshmallows everywhere. If I’m having a rough day, nothing comforts me more than eating it straight off the spatula in my frumpy pajamas on a rainy day.

Recipe details for the Rice Krispie Kisses!

What you’ll need:
– 6 Cups of Rice Krispies cereal
– 1 Package of marshmallows (10-ounces)
– 1 Bag of meltable chocolates (have fun with the flavors!)
– 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter
– Sprinkles (I used hearts for V-day, but you can use regular colorful ones for a birthday surprise!)
– Wax paper
– Aluminum foil
– Non-stick cooking spray (seriously, this makes things less messy!)
– Paper strips with sweet message for any occasion
– 1 Tupperware Hershey Kiss funnel 

Recipe instructions:
(1) Melt both butter and marshmallows in a pot over medium heat (keep stirring to avoid burning). Once everything is melted, remove off the stove top to prevent further burning.
(2) Pour in all the Rice Krispies and immediately stir everything around
(3) Lay out the wax paper and use the non-stick spray inside the funnel and on your hands to avoid stickiness
(4) Quickly fill the funnel and pack it tight with Rice Krispie to get the right shape. You’ll also want to flatten the bottom as much as possible so it lays flat when you flip it over and out.
(5) Microwave the chocolate of your choice for 30 seconds at a time once or twice, depending on when it gets soft. Begin coating chocolate all over the Rice Krispie kisses and decorate with sprinkles. If you want variety, you can cover some kisses half with chocolate and the other half without or use sprinkles only. There is no wrong way to decorate!
(6) Put everything together by cutting a square large enough to cover the Rice Krispie kiss. Then cut the 4 corners off the foil.
(7) Lay the foil down with the dull side up and then place the message paper strip in faced down in the middle.
(8) Place the Rice Krispie Kiss right in the center and gather all four sides of the foil to the top. Next, grab the base with your hand and start twisting the top until it looks like a Hershey Kiss! Don’t forget to pull your message strip out of the foil so it sticks out on the top!

Don’t forget to share your creations with your friends and with us here at TADA! Cooking :). Send us a photo or hashtag it at #tadacooking. I know the junior chefs would love to see it! Good Luck!

Comments (4)

  • Oh goodness! This seems like a great idea to make with the kids. It’s always challenging baking with them but rice krispy treats are simple and easy to make. Cute kisses for Valentine’s Day, I wonder if you could make a bunny for Easter. Thanks for the idea!!

    Reply
  • Ohhhhhh i love it!

    Reply
  • OMG! Your babies are too cute! #bornstars

    Reply
  • Oh damn, You went old school.

    Reply

Write a comment